Creating a Quick Frosted Glass material
The Quick Frosted Glass material is a mixture of Glass, Basic and Coating layers. The result of course is not the same as using only a Glass Layer but it could save you lots of render time in many cases.
Creating the Glass Layer
- Create a Glass layer
- Remove Roughness by setting it to 0%
- Remove Reflections
- Click on the humburger icon and check Reflections
- Set the Reflection color to black.
Creating the Basic Layer
- Create a Basic Layer and move it on top of the Glass Layer.
- Set the color to White (RGB: 220,220,220)
- Adjust the layer weight to a value other than 100% (e.g. 20%)
Adding a Coating Layer
- Create a Coating Layer
- Adjust the roughness of the reflections based on the look you are after.