Creating a Scratched / Smudged Metal materialMaterials
To add imperfections to a material like scratches and smudges we need to create two layers in stacked mode. Let’s create a scratched/smudged gold material:
- Start with a Glossy Layer.
- Set the Reflection Color to R249 G211 B137.
- Change the Index of Refraction (n) value to 0.27035 and Extinction Coefficient (k) to 2.7790.
- Set Roughness to a low value of 4%.
Layer on Top:
- Duplicate the existing layer.
- Use a grayscale image of dirt (smudges, scratches, dirt) in the Bump Channel.
- Set Bump at 5%.
- Set Layer Weight to a starting value of 10%.