- Based on TR2. Should be preferred for difficult indirect lighting situations (e.g. indirect caustics)
- Uses biased methods, making it faster than Unbiased TR2.
- Minimal Settings.
- Used in both Production and Interactive mode.
- CPU only.
- Supersampling: Improves antialiasing of the rendered image at the expense of increased memory.
None: No Supersampling, Normal: 2x2, High: 3x3 and Auto: 2x2.
- Tracing Depth: Controls the tracing depth of Diffuse, Reflective & Refractive surfaces.
- Adaptive Bias (%): Increasing this value, several difficult paths are taken out of computations, making it faster.
- Caustics: Removes the caustics path. In general, it should always be enabled.
- Motion Blur: Enables/Disables motion blur for all animated objects in a scene.
- Displacement: Enables/Disables displacement from all materials.
- Volumetric Scattering: Enables/Disables Medium and SSS.
- Relight: When on, the user can control each light separately during and after the rendering has finished.
- Repaint: Connection to Motiva Colimo. You can control which materials will be editable in Colimo by checking the Repaintable option in the Material Lab.
All materials in the scene will be rendered as diffuse gray with respect to bump and transparency.
- Reflectance (%): Increases/Decreases materials reflectance (from black to white)
Termination criteria are being used to stop the engine after a specific amount of time or samples.
- Time Limit: Specifies the render time.
- Sample Limit: Specifies the maximum number of samples.
- Adjust the Adaptive Bias value to the point where you don’t loose details in the scene, like caustics or indirect caustics.
- Increase Tracing Depth only in cases where transparent objects appear black or the scene is illuminated with indirect lighting.