Resume Rendering in Studio
Resume Rendering can be helpful in cases where you have stopped a render and want to continue from that point on but also when you want to close Thea Studio.
1. Resume Rendering in the same session
If you want to stop rendering to give priority to another application, you can always use the pause button. If you press the Stop button instead and want to resume rendering then all you have to do is go to the top menu and select Render > Resume.
2. Resume Rendering at any time.
It is also possible to resume rendering ever after closing Thea Studio. To Resume Rendering follow these steps:
- Before closing your Thea scene, save your rendering as an .img.thea file.
- Save your scene without making any modifications to it.
- Open your scene in Studio.
- Open your .img.thea file.
This will just load the image in Darkroom, without overwriting anything in the scene.
- From the top menu, select: Render > Resume.
A few restrictions…
- Adaptive BSD does not support Resume Rendering.
- You may not resume a rendering that has been rendered in Bucket Mode. Use Progressive Mode instead.
- Any change in the scene after the initial rendering will result in unwanted results when using Resume Rendering.